What's New in the Archive?
January 3rd, 2006
November 28th, 2005
February 3rd, 2005
- Camel Footage II, a second collection of vintage video footage was released by CP. More details in the Discography.
August 31st, 2004
- Camel Footage, an official collection of vintage video footage was released by CP. More details in the Discography.
August 7th, 2004
- Stationary Traveller has been re-released by CP, in its originally intended form. More details in the Discography.
July 29th, 2003
June 30th, 2003
October 25th, 2002
September 4th, 2002
- Added the Camel Archive website link.
June 25th, 2002
May 30th, 2002
- Added details + lyrics to A Nod and a Wink.
- Added the Camel Tour Dates Table, a compilation of all known gigs played by Camel. This resource was originally researched and edited by Graham Burnell.
- Updated details on the new Coming of Age DVD.
- The newly remastered Camel albums by Universal are reviewed and compared to the previous releases. Reviews are available from the entry for the following albums: Camel, Mirage, Moonmadness and A Live Record.
October 12th, 2001
- Fixed a lot of stuff. Removed dead links, added missing albums. Terribly sorry and ashamed for my negligence.
- Website is now declared an Archive; I hope you will enjoy the archive for what it is. For actual Camel news, please take it from the Camel's mouth, in the Camel Productions website.
June 12th, 2001
- Added an arduous comparison between a riff on Camel's Dunkirk (from The Snow Goose) and a riff from the duch band Focus' track, Eruption.
March 25th, 2001
October 11th, 1999
- Various, few small changes and corrections. Most important - finally, the official bootleg Gods of Light is listed.
October 8th, 1999
August 4th, 1999
- Camel's new CD, Rajaz has been released in UK and Japan. Some information was submitted by Michael Byrne, and a new entry is available in the Discography section.
June 28th, 1999
January 10th, 1999
- A new Camel album, entitled 'RAJAZ' will be released on October 7th. The album will feature Latimer, Bass, Dave Stewart and keyboardist Ton Scherpenzeel. Read all about it in The Official Camel Productions Website.
- The Camel Productions web site has been added to the Links section. The site is still under constructions.
- Colin Bass has released a new CD, featuring tributes from Andrew Latimer and Dave Stewart. An interview with Colin and more information is available in his new web site, also listed in the Links section.
- Theo Kamps provided a cover scan of the Greasy Truckers live album, along with further information about this rare live album.
- New at Brendan Newport's Rhayader web site, a transcription of a radio interview with Andrew Latimer from 1981.
- The FAQ section has been updated, answering questions about the original Camel members
- Jeff Gebhardt submitted a tiny tidbit of mild interest regarding Neon Magic from I Can See Your House From Here.
- Some new trivia notes for Mirage and Moonmadness albums.
- The legendary "rare" Nobody Knows track is not a Camel track at all, as explained in the Rarities and Oddities section.
- The 10th anniversary tour program from 1982 is now available at the Tours section.
- Finally got myself a scanner (!) New cover scans were made, most notably the American cover for Mirage.
- Tim Miller's Slice 'O the Internet Pie once again features the Camel rare track Nobody Knows.
- I've updated the Links section, adding Colin Bass' own web site (for his own alter-ego -) Sabah Habas Mustapha. You can write him
a personal letter there!
- I've been requested to remove direct links to MIDI files on the web, as these did not give proper credit
to the authors. I have therefore set a list of MIDI song links in the Music section.
- Genis Parra sent me the cover of the Echoes album.
OK, but What's Cool?
- We've got a Humour section! Yeah! Check it out!
- I'm currently working on a Camel Desktop project, and you can see some initial suggestions.
- Here you can see information and online programs for Camel's Live Tours
- All the back issues of Camel Production's Nature of the Beast are available online!
- The Frequently Asked Questions section is a good place to visit!
- The Discography section details Camel albums, listing band members, trivia notes, bits of history, album playing times and much more.
- Album Lyrics are available for most Camel's songs, also available by clicking the 'lyrics' icon near a song name in the Discography.
- There are guitar TAB transcriptions for a couple of songs in the Music section.
- Many of John Tracy's liner notes from the DERAM CDs are available for those who missed it. Susan Hoover's liner notes from the Echoes compilation are very interesting!
- The Weeping Camel animation GIF is cool (imo!). Check it out at the bottom of the Welcome section.
What else do you have in plan?
I've got a detailed list of Camel's performances from 1972 till 1992. I'll need authorisation before
How do I contribute?
Glad you've asked, I don't get much of these, and when I do - they're welcome. Here are a few things I'm looking for:
- I want our world to be better. Please smile more often, especially at unknown people. Consider helping old ladies cross the street. Preserve nature. Donate to charity... But seriously, I'd appreciate:
- John Tracy's CD Liner notes for the following albums: Moonmadness (I used to have it but I lost it!), Nude (if there are any notes...), and Stationary Traveller (if there are any at all)
- TABs, Chords, Midi or other music-oriented files you may have (please don't start sampling songs - I don't have disk space for that!)
- If you have a list of Camel's tour dates - I'd appreciate that in the hope of making a full list of their live performances.
- Your questions! Should this site leave your queries unresolved, please let me know about it, and hopefully we'll be able to relieve your pain.
- Tour programs. Have you got one? Can you make a photo copy and send it over? Can you scan it and send it via e-mail?
- Articles and interviews, if you've got any - please act as in the previous line.
- Your general thoughts, comments, spelling corrections, grammar correction, manners correction etc. :-)
Skylines - Camel Web Page - created by Ofir Zwebner